Countdown creates stress

A client says she becomes conscious/excited/stressed as we give countdown, say from 5 to 1, that she won’t be able to access anything when we reach 1. Does that mean she is not at all entered trance ? What is alternative to countdown?

3 Likes

Madhubani, maybe the client at a subconscious level had fallen into a well or down a stairs and hence counting down brings out the fear …try counting up instead or even try saying I’m going to say the alphabet forwards and when I reach say letter ’ E ’ you will be there …I had done this with a client who was scared of going down a stairs …try it

3 Likes

Thanks Brinda, that helps some. This client says she feels the kind of stress a batsman feels with every dot ball when 6 runs needed to win in last over. So I am not sure changing to alphabet would really help. Do you feel she actually enters trance ?

1 Like

An idea crossed my mind in addition to Brinda’s suggestion … consider using the getting excited / conscious / stressed behaviour as a hook … ask the client to scan the body, locate where is the feeling of getting excited / conscious / stressed sensed … and then guide the client to go back to an earlier time when they experienced a similar feeling … and see what comes up …

4 Likes

Yes Murali the affect bridge should work…Madhuvanti this is a really good suggestion.

1 Like

Thanks Muralidhar sir, will try this method. :+1:

1 Like