How safe is it to do PLRT of Pregnant women

Greetings

Is it safe to conduct PLRT session on a pregnant lady with pregnancy duration of 2 weeks or 4 months or even 8 months ? In case when we know that we cannot change the stressful environment that she is living in (be it work or I laws at times), will PLRT be helpful ?

For instance, R, 31, years, on anxiety and migraine medication for last 4 to 5 years. Thrice a week she takes crocin pain relief to get rid of migraine.
She has just conceived, so has to stop every medication immediately and she is working and does not want to leave job and job has been very stress provoking for her.

So, just want to know if someone is pregnant and when environment cannot be changed. So is PLRT helpful and safe?

Regards
Jagriti Sharma

1 Like

Definitely PLRT is both helpful and safe.
And in fact will have added benefit.
Kind regards ,
Ram

2 Likes

Firstly, very sorry to know of R’s plight. I sincerely hope the things get better for her.
Thank you Dear Jagriti for seeking advise.
I wondered about this and this was also a question asked by several of your earlier batchmates and clients. And hence I conducted a few sessions for my wife when she was 8 months pregnant and she was running around conducting the workshops/trainings during her 4th month and luckily during the role playing one of my student’s in Lotus batch didn’t have a partner and Neha volunteered to be her client (Lotus batch)
She turned out to be a gynaecologist and was a great support for her throughout. See how the Masters work! And we have a perfectly normal naughty child who has received the blessings of so many of you.

So what I am about to share adding to what was mentioned in the workbook is that like Dr. Ram has mentioned, It is 100% safe to conduct a PLR session for pregnant women with the same terms and conditions — Which are the dexterity of the therapist to manage stress is paramount here.

From your Workshop workbook Q17 in FAQ section.
“17. CAN PLRT BE DONE ON PREGNANT WOMEN?”

Is it okay for pregnant woman to wear the seatbelt? Is it okay for pregnant woman to meditate?
Yes of course! Yes isn’t it?
Then why not PLRT?

Based upon my own experience I have seen that their sessions are no different.

1. In fact, I would highly recommend a PLRT for them as it will help two souls in the effort for one.
  2. However in case of any pregnancy-related complication, an approval from their doctor for a hypnotherapy session. (As not all doctors understand what PLRT is.)
  3. After which the session should be undertaken by a dexterous Therapist .
  4. If you are just getting started then choose a milder Theme for the session or sessions. Don’t take up themes which are bound to bring about severe abreactions. But if you are still apprehensive just focus upon relaxation and that will also greatlybenefit them.

Having said that, PLRT is a way to break patterns and if you are able to apply the 15 stages systematically and meticulously you will find her reporting a change in circumstances. But if you still don’t feel confident then, just work on relaxation but don’t send her away empty handed.
All the best Jagriti do update us so that we can help further.

2 Likes

Thanks a ton , Dr Venu , I had this similar query, though it slipped my
mind, anyways , the depth and logics of your explanation clarifies,
everything,

Regards

Commandant Yogesh Dutt

1 Like

Dear Venu,
Your detailed reply is much appreciated.
Especially what you said about the therapist and situation" :
“1. After which the session should be undertaken by a dexterous Therapist .
2. If you are just getting started then choose a milder Theme for the session or sessions. Don’t take up themes which are bound to bring about severe abreactions. But if you are still apprehensive just focus upon relaxation and that will also greatlybenefit them.”

Recently I got some valuable insights from a therapist who has conducted more than 7000 sessions when I got a 17yr old client who’s history was somewhat complicated.
That is when I got to know that, as you have mentioned, at times instead of taking through the full PLR it’s better to conduct a relaxation session.
With each new session come new learnings and there’s a long way to go.
PLR is safe but even then needs to be done with caution.
Love and light to all,
In Gratitude,.
Nanda :pray:

2 Likes

Thank you so much for your response. It really helped.
So, in first session I can start from relaxation, garden and ancient
temple. And then in the next session, client will have the idea and will be
better prepared for a past life session.

And yes, it is great to see that how Master’s work. I joined this course
keeping in mind my 4 old clients. As a Psychotherpist, i did everything for
them but could not help them much with their concern. i could not help them
move from where they were ‘STUCK’.
and now all 4 of them are back after two years for therapy again. But this
time, I have to be confident enough that yes I and they can do better than
last time.
So, this is also a chance I am getting to improvise myself. And i have the
opportunity. I hope I am able to deliver it.

thank you so so much.
Regards
Jagriti

1 Like