Past life regression on self

Hi, I have been asked this a lot of times and I have heard a lot of therapist practice PLR on themselves but I have never tried. Has anyone in the forum attempted self hypnosis? I’d appreciate if you can share your experience regarding the same.

6 Likes

Thank you for bringing up such a beautiful topic for discussion Dear Sakshi!
Whether PLRT or hypnosis or reiki, for that matter any genuine alternative therapeutic modality is only employing the inner doctor—the Unconscious.

Being a PLR therapist the greatest remuneration has been the ability to navigate to the myriad layers of consciousness—its fascinating and truly the most blissful experience. Reading the scriptures after going through these experiences is only a validation.

One of the most astounding discovery of how to relish ASC (Altered States Of Consciousness) is found in the Upanishads and in Buddhist methods of meditation.

My PLR practice is an extension of my meditation and I want everyone to know the bliss that is within. This meditation is nothing but self hypnosis as it is systematic in a path that actually is pathless. To cut short the discussion yes I’ve tried and it works :blush:

:rocket:Sent on the move. :flying_saucer:
:man_juggling:Please excuse brevity & typos if any. :pray:

9 Likes

To add to what Venu has said, while it is possible to practise PLR on oneself, it is very important to have the ability to deal with and address the feelings and emotions that emerge from the recalled memories. Unless that ability is there, in my opinion, practising PLR on oneself may turn out to be more disturbing than healing.

11 Likes

Thank you Murli …that is a valid point, I resonate with this.

5 Likes

Thank you for your response Venu.

3 Likes

I agree with Murali… it is very important to have the ability to deal with and address the feelings and emotions that emerge from the recalled memories. Unless that ability is there, in my opinion, practising PLR on oneself may turn out to be more disturbing than healing.

5 Likes

Hi Sakshi,
I have done PLR on myself and it has helped me vastly. Although I do re-iterate Murali’s point that one needs to know how to manage what happens in the session as at that time, you are the client and you are the therapist. As long as you are able to manage that, doing PLR on self is easy. I would highly recommend it.

5 Likes

Thank you Ram … I agree with you

3 Likes

Thank you so much for sharing your thoughts Vidya. Much appreciate it

3 Likes

If there is experience regarding physical suffering, it may be relieved somewhat… But one should be properly guided to handle emotional blockages and heaviness through an expertised integration.

Kindly send your suggestions my colleagues…

4 Likes

Thank you Sakshi for asking this. I have also been thinking about it, but have not been able to do it on myself. Can those who have tried this on themselves let me know how you have gone about it? What is the process followed? Thank you in advance.

5 Likes

Thank you Sakshi for this beautiful discussion. Yes I have tried many times. As Venu has rightly said Meditation is actually Self Hypnosis. I realized this only after reading Venu’s post. How true and strange I never realized this. But I have tried the actual Self Hypnosis by doing progressive relaxation to myself. To be very frank I had a glimpse of my past life which I have never had in my sessions where I usually drift to life between lives. However since I was myself the therapist could not find my answers through the session since I felt I could not take it further. It was more or less somewhat similar to Dr.Brian Weiss online regression. Anyway looking forward to hearing a proper way but ultimately as Venu said Meditation is the best Self Regression and we all should continue our sadhana everyday who knows we may be getting all our answers one fine day

5 Likes

Exactly… even I second what Murali said… something done for curing may not be a trauma in future,at least till you find some trained therapist to get rid off that situation , by doing the session perfectly.:innocent:

4 Likes

Just to continue on this topic … when people, including Venu, had said years ago that meditation is nothing but self hypnosis, I had started on the path of meditation but had not experienced similar to PLR conducted by regression therapists. However, when I learnt additional techniques of meditation from learned masters, I started experiencing it. Thought of mentioning it here since I can now speak from my own experience instead of what I have heard from others :sweat_smile:

5 Likes

Please explain us your experience… so that we shall also get in the rite path of meditation :pray: sri murali .

3 Likes

If it is alright with you, I will get in touch with you via Neha / Venu to
understand what exactly are you looking for. My experience was good and, a
long story that may not be relevant to what you are looking for if I
narrate everything :slight_smile:

2 Likes

@Murali It would be better if you describe experience here and also the meditation techniques that worked for you and also all the techniques you tried so that everyone will learn something from your experience.

6 Likes

Thanku murali… even i faced difficulty when started meditation ,directed by venu, bfr starting plr course

2 Likes

The more you do it for others, the more you will be prepared to do it for yourself. I believe you would have conditioned your brain by then. Just before sleeping, talk to your Ishta or the universe about wanting to see your past. Turn on the music you use for your clients and go to sleep listening to it. I believe it will work!

1 Like

Agree with you Ram. When the PLRT becomes so aware and realized in his own journey of life, he is, I believe capable of giving closures to his own and others blockages. The whole trick is about self awareness which in turn enhances your own awareness about others pain and hurt. A child turns to another who fell and shows empathy towards that child…maybe it is already there but we are not in touch with it. PLRT gives a different outlook to life. From all the case histories i have read on this portal, it made me realize that closures can in given in many ways…psychologically and also spiritually.

Everyone please feel free to comment. Sometimes, when a Mother (Father / Grandparents) places her hand on the head of a child to calm the child, it seems to work and confidence within the child builds. These are also closures given to the traumatic experiences.

2 Likes