Unsuccessful sessions

Sharing a link which I feel might help therapists.

Answer to Why didn’t past life regression work on me? I chose a therapist from the Michael Newton Institute, and they said I’m the 2D person in their practice that couldn’t be put in a deep trance. by Richard Martini https://www.quora.com/Why-didn-t-past-life-regression-work-on-me-I-chose-a-therapist-from-the-Michael-Newton-Institute-and-they-said-I-m-the-2D-person-in-their-practice-that-couldn-t-be-put-in-a-deep-trance/answer/Richard-Martini-1?ch=3&share=3a8ae851&srid=C7BrT

9 Likes

@mkmllblr, thanks for sharing the note. I had few cases where the clients were unable to visit their past life. The note in the link shared by you will definitely help. Thank you once again.

2 Likes

That was a truly helpful post. Thanks for sharing

1 Like

Thanks for sharing !
It was useful read !
Regards
Ram

2 Likes

Thank you for sharing this, Madhuvanti. Very useful information.

In addition to patience and pre-session preparations that is mentioned in the answer, I have come to realize from my sessions more often than not the importance of framing of questions by

(a) observing client’s body language, body responses to therapist’s questions (when they are in trance) (for example, eye ball movements, throat movements, twitching of body parts like fingers and toes, clasping of hands, crossing/uncrossing of legs, etc); and,

(b) listening for what the client is saying and actually meaning

5 Likes

@HarishPL would really like to know how you proceeded with such cases.

Wow! This reminds me of what daddy( @venu ) told us “our subconscious mind shall protect us” and also “don’t open up a wound which you can’t close”.

1 Like

Hi Siddhi, I think is the key point is the willingness of the client to explore and the trust in the Therapist. If you feel these are missing then it just does not work. There is no point in trying. It generally happens that some people are scared to visit their past though they might tell you they are keen to visit the past. Also, in case of your close relatives/ friends you may realize that the trust is not real and hence it fails. If you are sure that the willingness is real and the trust is real, try relaxing the client with few more relaxation sessions and then try taking them to past events. If not, just refer them to another good therapist - there are many in this forum.

2 Likes

This would be tantamount to concluding that the session is unsuccessful because client is unwilling to explore and/or lacks trust in therapist. It throws the onus on the client. Would that be fair?

1. Willingness - The client has given time, effort, and money to get treated. This is a tangible and objective indicator of the client’s willingness to submit to the treatment and get treated in return.

2. Trust - It is a function of direct and indirect interaction between client and therapist. So, if trust does not develop, client may not be the only one responsible.

1 Like

Thank you for sharing this, Madhuvanti. Very useful information.