Seeking a peaceful life

The client wants to lead a peaceful life. Currently, the client experiences some turbulence in the regular life which is energy sapping. The client wants to lead an enriched life by making positive contributions towards the needy people in the society. The session details are given below:

Session 1

Session 1 included therapist introduction, induction pre-talk, client intake, history taking, relaxation of cognitive fatigue, relaxation session, and finalizing the theme.

1. Therapist introduction - This activity took 20 minutes.

2. Induction pre-talk - The client had a fair understanding about the journey of the soul and previous lives. The client was explained the psychological aspect of PLRT. The client was asked whether she wants to go ahead with the PLRT session or exit, and she chose to continue ahead with the session.

3. Client intake - The client was taken through these forms –

4. Therapy request form - In the section “What is it that you would like to take away from this session”, the client response was: “Peaceful Life”

5. Client assessment form - The hypnosis responsiveness score was 6/10, the dominant sense was visual - kinaesthetic, the eye-roll test score was â…—

6. Universal Pain Assessment Tool - The initial pain level was 2.

7. Expectations Form (Amarantos Workbook, 2022; p. 133)

8. Hypnotherapy Disclosure Form (Amarantos Workbook, 2022; p. 134)

9. History-taking

10. Relaxation of cognitive fatigue - The client was shown the video on “End of Suffering”.

11. Relaxation session - The client was taken through progressive relaxation and the healing light.

12. Finalized theme – (I want to lead a…) “Peaceful life”

Upon discussion, the next session was scheduled at ABC.

Session 2

T: Hi, thanks for coming. Welcome to session 2. Do you have any questions from Session 1?

C: No. I am fine.

T: In this session, we will go through the PLRT experience. Is there any question I can address beforehand?

C: No.

T: Now we will start the session. The simple thing that will take place is the relaxation of your body and mind. In that state, the critical aspect of your active mind will be subdued and you will be enabled to access the subconscious mind.

C: Yes. Ok, I understand.

T: Before we begin, I have a short check-list to share so that you are totally ready for the session

T: (Short discussion on the checklist items before take-off)

C: [Agreed and understood the points. Head nod was decided as the IMR.]

T: Great then we can begin now!

Upon confirmation, the client was taken to hypnosis through these induction methods: Progressive Relaxation → Dave Elman Induction for mind relaxation

T: Relax your mind completely and let go of any residual tension.

C: [No response, but looks calm and relaxed]

T: With a nod [IMR], you can tell me that your mind is relaxed.

C: [IMR response: Nods Yes]

Upon confirmation, the client is transitioned from Induction (Stage 10) to Visualization (Stage 11) through these visualization methods: Staircase → Garden

T: In this garden, the deepest levels of your mind can open up … helping you remember everything that is required … everything that you need to know.

T: As you stay in the deeply relaxed, calm and peaceful state, let your deepest mind pick out a happy childhood memory. If you wish to, you can keep it a pleasant memory.

C: [Head tilts. Forehead flexes.]

T: You are in control of your mind. You can remember everything… [giving time to reach a memory]

T: T: Can you see or feel anything?

C: [No response. But client is focussing]

T: Would you like to share what is in your awareness?

C: There are many pictures coming to mind.

T: Pick any one. This is all coming from your mind, it is all important. Let your mind pick one.

C: [pause] I am in a garden.

T: What do you see in the garden?

C: There is a lawn. Children are playing.

T: Do you know these children?

C: Yes, they are my colony friends.

T: Anyone from the family?

C: Yes, my brother [During history-taking, Client mentioned she has an elder brother].

T: Is it some occasion?

C: No.

T: What is everyone playing?

C: Hide and seek

T: How old are you?

C: 10-11 years

T: Can you look at your feet? What are you wearing?

C: I am wearing slippers.

T: What is your dress like?

C: Frock. Blue and white color. Light blue.

T: What season is it?

C: Summer

T: What is the time of the day?

C: It is evening. Getting dark.

T: What is happening there?

C: Children are playing and laughing.

T: How are you feeling?

C: Happy. Excited.

T: Try to look around and find what else you can see?

C: There are lemon trees. It is getting dark.

T: So, you will go home now?

C: [no response]

T: [waiting for client to be in that moment]

C: It is going to be dark. Now there are strong winds. Lemons are falling. We are keeping them in our pockets.

T: How many have you collected?

C: 7. I can see more.

T: What are you going to do with them?

C: Take them home.

T: Where is home?

C: I don’t know the place. It is not AAA [In history taking, client had mentioned that her father had a transferable job and she had spent her major formative years in AAA].

T: How far is your home?

C: Nearby. This is my colony.

T: Can you see your home? Or go there.

C: Yes, I can go.

T: [pause] Can you tell about your home?

C: It like old type house. Maroon (on top) and white (walls).

T: Can you enter your house? What is there?

C: There is a big verandah. On the left side, there is a climber. Yellow flowers. Good smell.

T: Try to look around? Do you see anyone?

C: The verandah leads to some steps. I see a grass lawn and boundary wall.

T: You are doing very well… [gives time to elicit more information]

C: There is a cracked pot kept near the steps.

T: [gives times]

C: I see other houses nearby.

T: How are they looking?

C: Similar bunglows like my home.

T: Is there anyone at home?

C: [pause] This is all. [Signaling that this is all that she can recollect right now about that memory].

T: Great! See you remember everything. If you want, you can stay in the moment for a while. Or you can go back to the garden to rest.

C: [nods OK]

T: [after a pause] See you can remember everything. Your mind remembers everything. You are doing fine. Great!

T: Now let us go back even earlier, to a younger age, as an infant or about to be born.

T: Let your mind pick another memory and again remember it vividly using all your senses… Sight, sound, taste, touch, smell. Be there!

T: [pause as the client is seen tilting her head and concentrating]

T: Experience the moment in all its completeness…

C: There is someone in white dress holding me.

T: Do you know this person?

C: No. May be a nurse.

T: Are there others?

C: I see mummy lying on bed.

T: Do you know where are you?

C: It is a room. Bed. Table… hospital type.

T: Look around. Check what else there?

C: There are 1-2 people.

T: Who?

C: Doctor. Talking to mummy.

T: [Client indicates there is not much more to tell] Do you feel any touch?

C: Not really.

T: What time of the day it is?

C: Day

T: Do you get any smell?

C: No. There is a doctor.

T: How are you feeling in that moment?

C: I am fine. Alright.

T: Is there something you have to do?

C: [No response]

T: Or any purpose?

C: I want to do good work.

[Client ends the visualization by opening her eyes. She was not having any discomfort. She was happy to have recollected these moments, which otherwise she never knew. The memories visualized were discussed again briefly. Once there was no additional information, it was decided to close the session. The schedule of the next session was decided]

Session 3

T: Hi, now we will have the third session. I would like to know what you feel about the previous session.

C: It was fine.

T: Is there anything from the previous session that you would like to tell me? Or any feedback?

C: No, it was alright. This is working well.

T: Now we will start the session. The simple thing that will take place is the relaxation of your body and mind. In that state, the critical aspect of your active mind will be subdued and you will be enabled to access the subconscious mind.

C: Yes. Ok, I understand.

T: Before we begin, I have a short check-list to share so that you are totally ready for the session

T: (Short discussion on the checklist items before take-off)

C: [Agreed and understood the points. Head nod was again decided as the IMR.]

T: Great then we can begin now!

Upon confirmation, the client was taken to hypnosis through these induction methods: Progressive Relaxation → Dave Elman Induction for mind relaxation

[Relaxation session had to be redone a couple of times due to unavoidable interruptions]

T: Relax your mind completely and let go of any residual tension.

C: [No response, but looks calm and relaxed]

T: With a nod [IMR], you can tell me that your mind is relaxed.

C: [IMR response: Nods Yes]

Upon confirmation, the client is transitioned from Induction (Stage 10) to Visualization (Stage 11) through these visualization methods: Staircase → Garden

T: In this garden, the deepest levels of your mind can open up … helping you remember everything that is required … everything that you need to know.

T: As you stay in the deeply relaxed, calm and peaceful state, let your deepest mind pick out a peaceful memory from your life.

C: [Head tilts. Client is trying to focus]

T: You are in control of your mind. You can remember everything… [giving time to reach a memory]

T: T: Can you see or feel anything?

C: [No response. But the client is focussing.]

T: Would you like to share what is in your awareness?

C: It is not very clear. Hazy.

T: You can focus on the memory. Just keep your breathing deep and relaxed…

C: [pause] I am in a big hall. Very long.

T: Good, you are doing well.

C: There is a sofa. White sofa. At the end of the hall.

T: Do you see someone around?

C: A person is on the sofa. He is also wearing white clothes … He is saying something.

T: Do you know what is he saying?

C: No, not audible.

T: [gives time so that client is able to observe more and tell]

T: What is your age in this memory?

C: 17-18 yrs.

T: Can you observe and tell what is happening?

C: I am in a church. Praying to Jesus. There are many people.

T: Are you in this lifetime? [In history taking, it was clear that the client belonged to sanatan dharma, and not Christianity.]

C: No, some other life.

T: Can you tell what year it is?

C: It is old times.

T: What is the time of the day?

C: Day. 11-12 am.

T: What are you doing?

C: I am praying to Jesus. Father is asking to pray to Jesus.

T: Your father?

C: No, the person on the sofa. He is the father.

T: Is it some occasion or special prayer?

C: No, I come here often.

T: Look around and see if there is someone around you?

C: There is a known person sitting with me.

T: Do you know this person in your current life?

C: [Unclear]

[Now, in the following conversation, the client speaks on her own with very little prompting from the therapist. Apparently, the visuals are very clear to her.]

C: There is a big chaos right now. There is an alarm. Bells are ringing. There are very strong winds. A big storm is coming. People are scattered and everyone is running. No one knows what is happening. I am also running but I don’t know where I am going. Everyone is scared. It is terrorizing.

It is old times, 200-300 years back.

All is going to be over. Everyone around is dying. I am not able to see anything in this storm.I am running. I am alone and scared. I don’t know where I am. I don’t know where I am going or where to go? Where is everyone who came along with me? [The client later clarified that she died in this sequence].

T: [When the client is unable to see, it is suggested that she can just float above the scene watching as if from a distance]

C: Yes, I see myself from a corner. This is not India. Other types of people. Not Indians. It is a christian community area. There are tall trees. I see sand. It may be India.

The storm is now over. I don’t see any people. It is all quiet. From very far, I can hear some faint sounds. I don’t hear well. May be people are far away… [In later discussion, the client reveals that is a different life.]

[pause]

I can see one person coming.

T: Do you know that person?

C: I don’t know the person. He is telling me that he will take me to a safe place.

T: How does he look?

C: He is old. 60 years or more. He takes me to the inside of a church.

I can see some 3 or 4 people there. They are telling where they had been and how they came back.

My leg is injured. [In later discussion, the client revealed, upon asking, that it is her right leg].

The father asks us to pray. He says that we have come out of a very dangerous time. We must pray to God that it doesn’t happen again. We must pray for those who died and those who suffered.

But other people are nowhere to be seen? Where have they gone?

I am scared of fire and storms, of strong winds and rains in this life also. There are 4-5 people who are shouting in some native language.

I also die. How am I alive? I don’t know is it me or someone else? [She is referring to the second church visit]

I came alone to the church and there I meet some friends. I come here regularly [She is referring to the first church visit].

I am injured in the leg. They get me treated in the church. I can see other people over there getting treated. My right leg is not working. I am unable to walk. [Reference - second church visit]

Someone leaves me home. My parents are surprised. They thought I had died. They put medication on my leg and heal my pain. They are my parents [from the current life]. They are asking me - where did I get lost? I said I am scared. My elder brother and sister are at home. I feel safe here.

But, I was dead then? Who am I? How am I here? I am scared of the storm…

[Client signals that is all she sees. She opens her eyes, ending the session.]

Post Session Discussion

T: How was your experience?

C: It was difficult to reach this point. I had not expected this much… to go this far.

[Client assimilating the experience]

T: Did you observe your death in the memories you were able to touch?

C: Not really. It was an abrupt death.

T: …So what was the feeling upon knowing that you had died.

C: I was not satisfied with this sudden ending of life. I wanted to say - “take me back!” I have more to do. Why am I here? My people may be waiting at home.

T: From what you saw, is there something parallel in your current life?

C: I am still quite afraid of fire and storm.

T: Is it possible that you carry the fear of storms from the past life to the current life? May be we can shed the irrational fear.

C: May be. But it happened in this life as well. I got severely burnt when I was in XYZ. Coming out of it… recovering from it… it has been a second life. So, I am terrified of fire and strong winds.

C: But I had a great session. I experienced so many things I have never seen before.

[Client signals asking for a closure to the session]

Post Session Universal Pain Assessment Test score: 1 or 2

7 Likes

amazing session vedant …great experience

1 Like

Nice session, Vedant Ji.
The fear of fire and storm came from the past life. But in the current life too she faced the fire. In this situation only past life memories are not involved but the current life has also given this fear. In this case how far is it easy to cure the client?
Kindly throw some light.
Regards,

1 Like

Very good question dear Arun, hope you are back to normal health.
While we wait for our Beloved Vedant’s response my two cent is that “past life” doesn’t necessarily mean past life, anything symptom which has its Engram even in this life is the past life :smiling_face:

2 Likes

I got it.
Thank you, Dr Venu

1 Like